View Single Post
Old
03-17-2008, 02:34 PM
Little Nilan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I don't really know how to put it. I see Halak has having an extreme amount of talent.. it's just whether he can continue to play at the level he has with his size problems. Price on the other hand, could be half of the goalie he's projected to be, and still be an NHLer because of his size.

The way I'd put is this;

Halak has as much potential as Price. However, Price is more likely to hit that potential than Halak. Both could be Top-5 goalies.. Price is more likely to be a Top-5 while Halak is Top-10 - Top-15. But both could be Top-5 if they reach their potentials.
How exactly do you quantify potential and likelihood to achieve it? For goaltenders, I find it's very hard if not impossible.

Personally, I see two goaltenders with a lot of talent. I like Price better because of how sound he is technically, because of his natural abilities,his size and his past performance notably during pressure situations. I do expect him to be better than Halak due to these things, but I can say with a guarantee that he'll be better... no. In the end, I'd rather go forward with both like SJ did with Nabokov, Toskala and Kiprussof. They assessed the situation and if you ask me, they made the right decision.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote