Thread: Hockey Skates
View Single Post
Old
03-17-2008, 03:45 PM
FreshNsoClean
Skater turned Goalie

vCash: 500
Well guys I'm back. After going to my local shop in Coon Rapids, which is also http://www.hockeygiant.com, I found my pair of skates. I can't tell you how damn good the service was compared to another shop (Daves). These guys were bringing out every pair of skates without me having to ask. After trying on tons of skates my decision was down to Supreme 70's and the Vapor XXII. I didn't like the XXXX and XXV's. The XXII were $120 cheaper than the 70's. They did NOT pressure me either way at all. The 70's felt slightly better wearing these side by side, but for the $120 difference I was about to go with the Vapor XXII. Well I tried the right skate on of the XXII's and my toe was crunched for some reason. I was like screw it. I went back and tried on both of the Supreme 70's and it was my fit. $120 is a big difference but I'll be happy another 10 years.

They heated them @ 200degrees for 10min and I got my break in done. They also offer free sharpening for LIFE with any purchase of skates.

I'm damn happy. The Bauer Supreme 70's are a damn nice skate. I will be buying everything from this place from now on. Thanks for all the help on here. It gave me an idea what I wanted before I walked in.

FreshNsoClean is offline   Reply With Quote