View Single Post
Old
04-24-2017, 04:26 PM

Theokritos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
... all eye~tested. (with the exception of Shore)
But only because the snowstorm made it hard for you to actually see Shore out there on the open ice rink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyAwe View Post
To be fair, Killion's opinion is very much in a flux. Here's what he thought about Bourque vs Lidström back in January 2012:

Quote:
Bourque wins this thing hands down. (...) Lidstrom is esoteric, an intellectual, paces himself, crafty, clever. I'll take them both, buttering both sides of my bread if you dont mind but if I had to choose one or the other, Im picking Ray... hit the gas Earl.
By October of the same year, Lidström had moved ahead quite a bit. Top 10 players of all time:

Quote:
... *ok, I'll play.

1. Orr
2. Gretzky
3. Lemieux
4. Howe
5. Lidstrom
6. Richard
7. Hull
8. Harvey
9. Beliveau
10.Bourque, Dionne, Lafleur, Yzerman, Mikita, Shore... cheated.
Two months later, December 2012, Lidström had fallen behind Bourque again:

Quote:
It depends on the situation, who's on the ice, who your facing. In certain situations, Id have Bourque out there; others, Lidstrom. If I had to cut one of them from the same team, only room for one, bye bye Nicky.
But two years later Lidström moved ahead again:

Quote:
... well, for my tastes & preferences, so unique & intelligent was Lidstrom, beyond effective, esoteric, clearly a keen understanding of angles, geometry & leverage while expending minimum energy insuring his tanks full "just in case" well, as great as Bourque was if I had my choice between the two as the Goalie behind them, the Coach or GM Id definitely go with Lidstrom.
So cut him some slack. There were so many great players in the history of the game, it's hard not to rearrange one's rankings on a weekly basis, depending on your latest observation or reading.

Theokritos is offline   Reply With Quote