View Single Post
Old
03-18-2008, 07:01 AM
Qui Gon Dave

vCash: 500
I mentioned at the deadline that this is one guy I would have liked us to aquire, but I'm not sure I'd have done a straight Ruutu/Halak swap. I find people often talk about the potential that this guy had and what expectations people used to place on him. What good is that? His scoring took a knock this year, but that potential hasn't vanished into the ether, never to be recovered. He still could find some of that game again. But his potential (now or then) isn't why I wanted him on the team.

He is a guy who will work hard and hit hard and he seemed like the kind of guy we could use on our third line. He adds the kind of grit and force that the team could benefit from.

Of course, there is his terrible, horrific, woe betide him for playing hockey injury history. In his four years of NHL action so far, he has had seasons of 82, 15, 71 and 69 (so far this year) games. With the exception of that 2nd year he played, that's not a bad record for someone playing such a physical game. Yes, there is a risk he gets injured again, but the same can be said of the guy who leads us in points this year, or the guy who led our team in points last year. I'd be willing to take the risk of aquiring him. Just not straight up for Halak.

Anyways, he is a Cane now, so I like him a little less than I used to

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote