View Single Post
Old
03-18-2008, 08:18 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Im with you, with every choice, Roy seems to fall down my list a bit and I have no problem with Roy.

The obvious problem is how to slot players of different positions. Was Serge Savard a more important player than some of the forwards lsited ?

If you go with a forward, and I'm leaning that way, you have Lach,Moore,Cournoyer,Richard and Geoffrion in a very tight group, and Jacques Lemaire should be just outside of that group by a hair.

I've been asking my Dad how he'd rate these guys, as hockey is about the only thing that causes him to show much interest anymore, and he's the same.

I think that Geoffrion may be the guy here, but I'm waffling a bit.
This is definitely the toughest area we've come to. There are a lot of guys who could fall anywhere from 9 to 15 (Lach, Moore, Cournoyer, Geoffrion, Roy, Richard, Durnan, Savard, Lalonde...) and it wouldn't be a slight on any of them.
It's tough to split hairs.

I have a soft spot for the guys who invented the CH pre-WWII. I'd like to see Lalonde end up somewhere around #11, but at the same time it might be a hard case to convince others. Boom Boom is also a very unheralded Habs legend.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote