View Single Post
Old
03-18-2008, 11:17 AM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk-Illusion View Post
It's not that I wouldn't like to see a Habs' coach with the Jack Adams, I'm having a hard time seeing what Carbo has done to deserve it.No real system or progress to speak of.

Last year the team was relying on PP and goaltending.

This year the team has relied on PP and goaltending.

The main difference is that our goalies didn't have a meltdown mid-season, and that Kovalev have been much better, and therefore also the PP.

I give Guy credit for keeping things under control all season, but I don't really see what "coaching" he's really done.

Then again, maybe thats the whole genus of it.
Our strengths are still our strengths.... this is a bad thing??? Don't know how you can hold that against Carbo.

Our 5 on 5 play has improved to the point that we are near even for the season... We have scored a ton more goals 5 on 5, to the point where we are now 1 goal away from being the highest scoring team in the league. There's progress if you look for it.

Also our kids have really matured.... think Komisarek, Plekanec, Jimmy and Billy, Gorges, all are much improved over last year. Price, and O'Byrne have made big impacts on the club, and Lats and Halak are also key contributors.

Plus a guy who gets Kovalev to give 82 games of effort has to be worth something.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote