View Single Post
Old
03-18-2008, 02:28 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

vCash: 500
I'll tell you exactly what the problem with today's music is:

1) Role models. This is something that is increasingly important in today's world as kids grow up idolizing whatever popular or "bad boy" star there is out there. When you have so many negative elements in that music, you can bet that it turns kids into little punks.

2) Seeing as how hip-hop/Rap is predominantly present in popular culture (and im talking stuff that they show on MTV and what not, not the underground stuff) and that has so many negative and violent elements to it *cough* 50 cent *cough*.

3) How women, others etc are portrayed through this music. Im sorry, but again, predominantly, popular music has this incredibly dumb idea of how women are treated. I dont see what's cool OR smart about saying: my ******s suck my d*ck, i smoke my weed and kill the ni**ers that get in my way! And that should, plain and simple, not be accepted.

Let's face it, popular music perpetrates dumbness. "Mix 96, today's best music" what? are you ****ing kidding me? And you know what? Lots of people believe that.

And that is what's wrong with today's music.

If someone puts together a song that has a meaningful message, it be positive, or an actual cultural criticism (eg: criticizing the US gov etc) that's ok. Because it causes you to think. And that's what rap should be (should i point out that Bob Dylan invented Rap?), a positive or intelligent message. Not the dumb down stuff that you hear today on the radio the idiot box.

I cant recall any of the hard metal/hardcore music i listen to that pushes the idea of killing each other. As a matter of fact, many of those bands happen to be religious (which is another debate, but at least it's not in a negative way).

Anyways, hip hop/rap acquired the reputation it has today because of itself. If there werent all these dumbasses who made money out of it, there wouldnt be any of that garbage.

The music industry is a twisted ****ed up child.

For fun, i suggest some of you guys skip on over here:

The problem with music

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote