View Single Post
Old
03-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Brodeur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettfritz View Post
hey, I'm 6' 6" 220lbs and havent had a stick since I was younger(and shorter). So know I need to get a stick to get back on the ice... so, what size/flex should/can i get?

thanks!
Hrm 6'6.....you might want to check out some of these pro stock Warrior shafts that come in 110/115 flex (http://www.hockeymonkey.com/warrior-...haft-ak27.html). Although the shaft might be a bit too short for you. I believe Warrior is coming out with a deluxe shaft which is six inches longer than normal.

But of course, that all depends on your skating style and personal preference (ie, stick length). Flex is definitely personal preference. Braydon Coburn is roughly your size and uses a 120 flex. Unfortunately most companies don't usually make anything over 110 flex for retail.

If you're just getting back into playing ice, I'd drop $20 on a cheap wood stick and then calibrate from there (length/flex/curve/etc) to see what kind of stick you want. You don't want to be the guy who drops $150+ on a stick only to hate it after a couple sessions.

Brodeur is online now   Reply With Quote