View Single Post
Old
05-02-2004, 10:36 AM
Robertsson 4-ever

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Robertsson 4-ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatore
Though I hardly see a "goaltending problem" for the Swedish team, I wish we had that true #1 goalie, a star in the NHL.
Last season we had two in Hedberg and Salo and this season we have none truly number one. Hopefully the starter is coming though, as we have four potentials (Tellqvist, Liv, Lundqvist, Holmqvist) that all probably will play in NA next season. Hedberg may get a contract offer, but I doubt it. Same with Salo.

* Tellqvist will be back-up to Belfour next season, anything else is a surprise. He showed this season he has the tools to become a starter, and he is just 25 years old this year.

* Holmqvist, if I don't remember wrong, have a one-way contract next season, and Minnesota hardly can't afford to have in the minors. He will be at least back-up next season, and he is just 26 this year, nothing for a goalie. Proven winner, both with Brynäs and Houston.

* Lundqvist will most probably play with NY Rangers next season, where in the organization is more uncertain. Rangers have a lot of goalies to choose from: Lundqvist, Larbarbera, Dunham, McLennan, Blackburn, Valiquette. Two of these are likely to be gone for the nest season.

* Liv maybe will get a contract from Detroit, but he will in that case start in the AHL. Liv is the most hard guy to tell if he is gonna have success or not, but that's his whole playing style. When he's good he is really good but when he plays bad, he is bad.