View Single Post
Old
03-19-2008, 02:25 AM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
I would have made that trade on the spot...

Ruutu, as he is playing this season, would have been a very useful player for the habs down the stretch and in the playoffs, and, he's young enough that there's always the chance that he breaks out down the road and becomes closer to the player he was projected to be.

Halak is very good, might even be great one day, but we have Price and I'm really not a big fan of going with the 1a/1b tandem. In the end I think you rarely see both goalies playing up to their potential. THe constant shifting in and out of the #1 role messes with their "mojo", and you end up with either one guy taking the reigns or both delivering less than expected. In either case, your eventually forced to move one, or face losing him to free agency, and so you never get a good return on the players value.

Ruutu for Halak would have a good return imo.

I really hope that we see Halak traded in the offseason for decent value and then we sign an aging vet to back up price (Kolzig comes to mind).
Keeping two young guys who are both ready for #1 duty will be a mistake in the long run.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote