View Single Post
Old
03-19-2008, 10:57 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkd88 View Post
There is this strange thing in adult (non checking) hockey that the D and goalies think you can push, cross check, whatever the offense out of the way. That is interference. If the goalie pushes you it is a penalty.

There is no reminder, that is a penalty.
As a defenseman, you are allowed to push players out of the way, there's nothing wrong with that. I guess you should just let a guy stand right in front of your goalie and not do anything about it. If I'm playing offense and I stand in front of the goalie, there are plenty of times where I'll be on the ground before the play is over and the refs never call a penalty.

When I'm on D, I always work guys over and just push them and put my weight into them to try to clear the way for my goalie to see (Most guys tend to be bigger than me ). Sometimes if someone's chopping at my goalie I'll just shove em to the ground, refs don't call it.

As long as you're not crosschecking and punching they usually don't care. I usually only get one penalty per season if not less. I don't think I've ever played a season where I've gotten more than one penalty.

Last edited by WhipNash27: 03-19-2008 at 11:03 AM.
WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote