View Single Post
Old
03-19-2008, 03:13 PM
lugnut76

vCash: 500
Mishandling the puck at the blueline (especially on the power play). There was a loose puck in the nuetral zone (I think this was on the power play too) that he sat back on and didn't go after. I watched the game on TV and not live, so it may have been an optical illusion but it appeared he was closer to the puck than the Capital penalty killer and didn't even try to play the puck. He turned the puck over, maybe not more than the other defensemen, but turned it over none the less.

After all of that maybe here is my biggest issue. . .an absolutely dreadfull power play in the first period. I know that he is not the only one to blame for the power play struggles, but isn't that why we are paying him decent money? Isn't that supposed to be his greatest strength? If he is not a difference maker on the power play then what is his value outside of being an average defensive player at best. And why is it that we have to pair him with certain people for him to look good (Timmonen and Ville)? As our highest paid defenseman he should be good regardless of who he is paired with and should make this team better and I don't see it consistently enough.

Maybe my critique of his play last night is a culmination of frustation with his play recently.

lugnut76 is offline   Reply With Quote