View Single Post
Old
03-19-2008, 08:05 PM
lugnut76

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Teams stand us up at the blue line, forcing us to dump the puck in. We cannot use this to set the puck up, often times resulting in the other team having a great opportunity to clear the puck.

On the first power play of the game the Preds couldn't even put themselves in a position to dump the puck. A good bit of the power play was spent in the defensive zone because our defense couldn't make the simple D to D pass without much pressure. We can say its not fair to blame Zidlicky but he is our highest paid D and supposed to be the best we have on the PP. Make the simple play. He has tried to thread passes through the penalty kill box that consistently get picked off. When it works its a play for the highlight reel but how often does it work. In the last Red Wing game he made a blind backhand pass back to the blueline and no Predator even close. If the PK had been playing more aggressively it would be an easy short handed breakaway. I am not a big Mickey Redmond fan but as the play happened he couldn't help but to let out a what the. . .is he doing.

Just my thoughts. . .I don't hate the guy. . .just wish he played up to his billing

lugnut76 is offline   Reply With Quote