View Single Post
Old
03-20-2008, 10:45 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I agree, Latendresse deserved to make the team out of camp. But he definately did not deserve to stay there after his first dozen or so games. Unfortunately, they couldn't send him to the AHL and juniors was not really an option either.

But this season? What has Latendresse done to deserve staying up this year? What has he shown ahead of, say, Chipchura or Lapierre, who both had time down in the minors?

You know, just because he had a good rookie year, it doesn't mean he can't benefit from time in the minors. It isn't an insult to him to say he could use some seasoning in Hamilton. Do you really think he's benefitting from <10 minutes a night in a pseudo checking role and almost no time in the third period? When he could be playing 20-23 minutes a night in a scoring role, which ideally is what we want from him?

And don't say he's here to work on his overall game...That's what Andrei Kostitsyn was in the minors for all those years.
His production, given his icetime, is the reason why he deserved to stay up. I don't have the stats on hand, but he's 3rd or 4th on the team in terms of even strength goals and he doesn't see alot of even strength time. 14 of his 16 goals have been scored at even strength, that's 1 less even strength goals than Alex Kovalev

So he's doing something right, he's not hurting the team and has even improved, drastically I might add, on his +/- and his defensive play overall.

I don't see what people's beef is with Latendresse, I really dont

417 is offline   Reply With Quote