View Single Post
Old
03-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
You're assuming he could learn more from being a 'top dog' in Hamilton, instead of just playing a role on the 3rd/4th in the NHL, with NHL players/coaching/training/supervising.

The experiences Latendresse has had the past 2 years in the NHL trump anything he could of learned in the AHL, + with the Habs heading into the playoffs, it's magnified even more.

Just cause you've reached the NHL, doesn't mean there isn't anything to learn at that level
You cannot improve by playing so little, though. Especially playing with guys much quicker than you. We never know for sure what Lats is all about because losing and winning is such a small margin of error that Carbo cannot experiment much with the kid. Carbo cannot afford losing. While in Hamilton, Lats would have had all the ice in the world to make those mistakes, to see what he's really good at. Hamilton guys are still very much professionals, they're men most of them, somebody like Andre Kost is pretty much more of a man than Lats at this point wouldn't you say? Well Lats would have faced guys in Hamilton that would have been ahead of him in their developement anyway so it would have been like facing NHLers.

I'm happy he's still with the club because I like the kid and I want him to do well but if I would have been management, I would have sent him down at least after the first 20 games.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote