View Single Post
Old
03-20-2008, 06:48 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Why does everyone compare him to Bertuzzi all the time?
He's nothing like Bertuzzi apart from size (Bert is bigger anyways). His attitude is completely different. He'll never be as physically dominant as Bertuzzi was back when he was good. Which leads to my next point. Bertuzzi ****ing blows. He had a few mediocre seasons and 2 really amazing ones back when Markus Naslund was considered an elite player. I'm sure his incident probably ruined his career but he isn't as good as people pretend he is.

Anyways, so what's the deal then? Are we supposed to wait 5 more years before Latendresse becomes any good? I mean, is he just going to stay on the 3rd line for the next half decade before he finally blooms? Cause I dunno...A player who we are supposed to "be patient with"...Someone who is supposed to get better with time...Sounds like DEVELOPMENT to me. Call me crazy but I always thought the AHL was the #1 development league for young NHL players. It has produced some pretty awesome Habs players, like Higgins, Plekanec, Billy and Jimmy Kostitsyn, Komisarek, Price, Halak, O'Byrne, Lapierre, Grabovski and more. But I guess Latendresse is too good for the AHL, since he's so far ahead of these guys since they were in the AHL.

We should sign Markus Nalsund this summer.

as an islander, bertuzzi was invisble. He wouldn't use his body and he tried all these junior dangle moves all the time instead of using his body.

I dont have bertuzzi like expectations for gui. I just want him to rub buddies and and play hard.... and see what happens.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote