Thread: WCHA Thread
View Single Post
Old
03-20-2008, 11:18 PM
RabidBadger

vCash: 500
Things are getting REAL interesting in the WCHA right now. Minnesota is in the midst of a great run, they should give CC all they can handle. Denver has also come around after losing Brick Trotter. The DU/NoDak game should be pretty nasty. DU finished strong and NoDak has looked human against SCSU and Tech. A big bonus is that these teams have recent bad blood and pretty well hate each other. The stage is set for the best conference tournament in college hockey.

So far it's looking like CC, NoDak, DU, Mankato, The Goofs and probably St. Cloud will make the playoffs which gives the conference a good chance of sending a team to the finals. My preseason pick was NoDak in the finals, which i still feel good about. However, I can't discount DU wanting to play the finals in their own backyard. Maybe we'll have a rematch of the 2005 finals?

As my Badgers will likely sit out the playoffs, I wish all the WCHA teams still in it the best of luck. But, I'm going to be biased and pull for St. Cloud or Mankato, teams that have not won it all yet.

RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote