View Single Post
Old
03-21-2008, 10:33 AM
bipolarhabfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
One year sure makes a difference. I find this list very fair and accurate. Burke's on top right now because he's the defending cup champion and that's good enough for me. Holland, Lamoriello and Sutter have brought incredible stability to their franchises. Gainey's the newbie in this group, but he's put his organization in such great shape in every respect that I think he's a no brainer to be considered a peer with other proven winners. Under Gainey's leadership the habs are winning on the ice with young home grown talent, have as stockpile of prospects and pretty much all our picks (missing some mid rounders this year, have an extra 2nd next). He has cap room to spare is not facing a single key UFA this summer (sorry Streit and Ryder aren't core to me.)

Good time to be a habs fan.
It is indeed a great time to be a Habfan. We have like 12 players under the age of 26 producing on a regular basis, a number of players in the AHL who will be pushing for a spot next year, a plethora of prospects in the NCAA/CHL/Europe, and a solid management staff. I hope Gainey turns into our Lamoriello/Holland and stays here for a very long time.

Last edited by bipolarhabfan: 03-21-2008 at 10:39 AM.
bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote