View Single Post
Old
05-03-2004, 11:06 AM
capn89*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by capn89
I'm going to write a letter to Santa and see if he can give me some early Christmas presents for game 5.

Dear Santa,

This is what I would like to see in game 5:

1. Ken Hitchcock to get the team as motivated as he gets chasing after a cheeseburger with legs.

2. Michal Handzus to stop skating two miles per hour.

3. John LeClair to start playing like an NHL forward, rather than the invisible man.

4. The entire Flyers team pound the smurfs through the glass every chance they get.

5. The officials to call an fair and just game, or as good as it can get.

6. A goaltender interference call against the Leafs.

7. A goaltender interference call against the Flyers where somebody actually DOES run the goalie, instead of the phantom crap.

8. A fan to jump into the penalty box with Tie Domi... oh wait, saw that before.

9. Mark Recchi to get the hell over the Flu already so that there are no more excuses for his disappearing act.

10. Joni Pitkanen to STOP BEING AFRAID TO PLAY THE DAMN PUCK IN HIS OWN END!!!!

grrrr

Feel free, fellow Flyer fans to add your own to the wish list.
1 - (True) Hitch sure did get them motivated. Let's hear it for the Cheeseburger with legs!

2 - (True) If he skated faster or not, he picked up two goals... Now he's gotta keep it up.

3 - (False) John LeClair? Calling John LeClair? Where are you John LeClair?

4 - (True) Not only did they hit, but they smuggled the Leafs so well that they limited them to 11 shots.

5 - (Semi-True) Not as bad as it had been. A few missed calls both ways, but a LOT better than usually, I can live with it.

6/7 - (False) But I can live with it, no one needs goaltender interference anyway.

8 - (True)... didn't actually happen, but they showed a replay of it on the ESPN broadcast, lol, so that counts.

9 - (True) - Picked the pocket and shot the rocket.

10 - (N/A) - He was ok... he played the puck a bit better, but didn't do anything overly noticeable to avoid a hit.

EDIT:
PS - Can we get tickets for Donovan McNabb to the next game? Just superstitious...

Last edited by capn89*: 05-03-2004 at 11:13 AM.