View Single Post
Old
03-21-2008, 06:38 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Lats impressed me very much last night. I'm always surprised by how strong he is. There were a few instances where he would hit guys and you see that it has consequences like when that guys lost his helmet or when another player hit Lats and it's that other guy that got the most of the brunt. And last night was his type of match, if he had a mean streak he would have taken the opportunity to lay the body. I think this will come with age where he would develop hate for some teams and he will want to hurt them. Then it will be something to watch. Especially added to his offensive creativity.
Funny, I thought their line was pretty bad for most of the game. Koivu gave the puck away to start the play for Boston's 1st goal, and Ryder seemed timid. I was getting frustrated with them, then Lats makes a nice little pass off the boards, Koivu makes the quick 1st step play that's his trademark, and Ryder does what got him to the league. So, all's well that ends well, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
I like the link with Perezhogin . They are different kind of players for sure, but they both did well with good linemates but were restrained to play on the last lines .
You know that's true, and it's a good point, but the problem is that it's hard to keep them on those lines during down periods. What's good for the individual's development isn't always best for the team.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 03-21-2008 at 07:18 PM.
mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote