View Single Post
Old
03-22-2008, 05:59 PM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
no. i can understand why that was done. it was dumb, but there was some logic to it. They probably could of gotten a lot more for him though.

I really mean Boyes. And Boynton. That was another guy they let go...

If you look at their roster from the 2003-2004 season...and today's it leaves you wondering....
If you had watched the B's all season, you would realize that they would be in far worse shape with Boyes, but without Wideman. Boyes gets more attention because of the goal scoring, but Wideman is Top 20 in several categories amongst d-men and averages over 25 min per game.

If you are talking about the Nick Boynton who has 11 pts in 73 games and is a -8 for PHO this year, and is 5th for ATOI amongst PHO d-men...you are right, why would we ever give up this all-star He's a physical guy, but he takes a ton of dumb penalties, and runs around (out of position) alot. He was traded for Mara, who was then traded for Ward. I'd take Ward every time over Boynton.

As far as Thornton goes, I (and a lot of other B's fans) have no problem with trading him, the problem was the return they got for him. It should have probably been more like: Sturm, Stuart, Bernier, Carle (or Vlasic)...or something similar. MOC was trying to save his job, panicked, and traded him for 3 guys who could step into the lineup right away, instead of getting young guys or prospects.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote