View Single Post
Old
03-22-2008, 05:25 PM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
i actually really meant Boyton. Boyes would be usefull for other reasons but never came through for Boston if i recall.

Boyton, as far as i could tell, brought other intangibles that i just havent really seen from Boston players (except maybe from Lucic). He had that fire, that hatred that really fueled the games. You could tell he hated the Habs. Chara doesnt even do that, even though he could. I guess he's just scared he might actually kill someone though...

And that's what i said though, Thornton should of commended a much better return then he did. How can you save your job by making a dumb trade? Wouldnt that nearly guarantee that you would lose it?? Kind of flawed logic...At any rate, Boston is no where near the team that it was a couple years ago, despite some of the "upgrades" you guys think you've made. Boston has most definitely over achieved this year, and im kinda hoping that they get better so that we can have a true rivalry...
Boynton's negatives far outweighed his positives...I think the logic on the Thornton trade was to bring in 3 guys who would be regulars in the lineup for a short-term boost. Obviously, it was a flawed plan as MOC was fired, LOL.

Boston has 5 or 6 rookies in the lineup every night, they have some players on the cusp like Lashoff, Rask, Karsums that could contribute next year. They also have Marchand and Hamill coming out of the juniors, and hopefully, Soderberg from SWE. If Bergeron comes back healthy, next year's team should be better, and given the youth in MON's lineup, the rivalry could be alive and well again (fingers crossed).

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote