View Single Post
Old
05-04-2004, 12:42 AM
Habsolution

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy LaFleur
"There's always the chance Theodore is gonna revert to his hart and vezina shape of 01-02."

I thought he had that shape this season... He was fantastic.

He also had a good 30 games one year when Hackett went down with a usual injury.
Personally I don't see it. Theodore was VERY consistent back in 01-02. He was consistently GODLY. Ever since he's been consistently inconsistent. Some nights he's Felix Potvin, other nights he's back to his 01-02 shape.

There was a thread this season about Theodore being the goalie allowing the most 4+ goals game in the league. I've been paying attention ever since that thread and Theodore has allowed some more of 4+ goals games since that thread so I doubt he lost his 1st spot among goalies allowing the most 4+ goals games. The fact he's got a GAA that low this season must surely means that on other nights he was very good.

So Theodore had ups and downs this season. He was not consistent. If you give me the choice I'd rather have a consistently good goaltender than a hart and vezina guy that can turn into Felix Potvin on any given night. A goalie giving up the game to the other team when his team played well enough for most goalies to win is a killer, particularly in the playoffs.