View Single Post
Old
03-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Mikos87

vCash: 500
Beech and Filatov both might drop. Beech for his off the ice issues and on ice disciplinary problems and Filatov because of the whole Russian transfer agreement issue, some believe that he could be the next Chistov. If we are picking 30th (fingers crossed), or even 26 and later, I would not be opposed to packaging our first, 2-4 round picks, maybe the likes of Prucha, Baranka, Potter, Sauer, Bourett, etc etc (I prefer not to trade any roster players or players close to NHL ready). A quantity for potential quality deal, not crap, but depth for a team that needs like phoenix, or Columbus, to drop a few spots down.

The one thing that this organization has shown is that they will develop, every youngster on the Rangers right now has proven that they do not belong in the minors. We are getting to that stage where all those picks from the great purge are coming around to their second contracts. And unlike losing them to Europe for nothing like Helminen and Immonen, packaging some to move up in the draft is a good way to manage these assets.

More importantly it'll show the prospects that we won't hold them back from the NHL. Like in the case with AlMo, I know we traded him at his lowest value, but he knew he wasn't gonna play in NY, and we gave him a shot someplace else. This'll fight off the complacency in the minors, and we get to keep the best for ourselves.