View Single Post
Old
05-04-2004, 02:30 AM
Guy LaFleur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD
if i was colorado and i had the chance to get theo i wouldn't waste a second...they had high hopes that aebischer would step it up but filling in for Roy i think has messed up his chances...he hasn't played horrible but hes nowhere near being a star goalie.....and when i was talking about trading theo i was just imagining it....i would be outraged if the habs ever did do it...it was just a thought
on the other hand a more foreseeable trade would be Garon going to colorado Vancouver or Ottawa
I can say right now that Gainey won't even think about dealing Garon to Ottawa. Not only is it in the same conference, but it's in the same division. It'd be suicide to give a team as skilled as Ottawa a goalie as talented as Garon. Vancouver's confident in Cloutier, although with a new GM, that MAY change. And I know for an absolute fact that Colorado is happy with Aeby. Aeby's a great starter and has impressed the hell out of me every time I've seen him. He's filling the shoes of the greatest goaltender of all time and he still managed to put up VERY respectable numbers. Against Dallas he was absolutely superb. One can't blame him for losing his edge against the talented San Jose offense.

He's still a youngster and this is not only his first year as starter, but his first taste of the playoffs. I think it's a bit unfair for people to try and suggest that Colorado will be shopping for a new goalie. Rightfully, they should be shopping for a new coach, because Granato is an idiot. He gets Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne handed to him for virtually a bag of pucks, and he doesn't put them on the same line. What. The. Heck?