View Single Post
Old
05-04-2004, 01:36 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Unless there is somebody out there secretly in love with him, I don't see him going above 18th. I mean, teams really do de-value on injury history, on being a year older, on being slightly slight of stature for a defenseman. I don't think I've seen any rating anywhere that puts him in the top-20?

It seems to me as a total outsider like this is a tough year for ranking the guys below the top-10, though. A lot will come down to personal favourites, because #15-40 doesn't seem to be very clearly defined. It look's like there's as much chance that Fransson could drop to the top of the 2nd round as there is of him being picked above #18?

It will also be a tough year for the guys at the draft table, because a few surprises will probably happen at draft day, and a team with a #18 pick might find that somebody they totally didn't expect would be available falls down to them.

I think you've got it right, after the top 10-15 it becomes very tough to say who will be picked where. The thing that's on our side is if Fransson is picked, we could trade down a few spots and likely grab fellow countryman Hedman.