View Single Post
03-25-2008, 07:03 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
guys, you can pick out the elite all you like. These guys have been exposed to the greatest players on the planet, Coached by the best becomeing some of the best.

Lets return to earth and look at youth hockey. One of the former teams my son played with was in Olean NY. It was a tier III team. my youngest had moved up to play AAA In Buffalo by htis time. I do not recall the Coaches name but he had been transfered to the area by his work but was a major youth Coach up in Montreol prior to taking on the team in Olean. I knew all these kids. Average kids from a small draw pool location. When they traveled northward to play in Buffalo and Canada they got Smoked.

This guy pretty much did what Headcoach talked about with his shooters. Many of them he converted to lefties(94's at Squirt age) in the first few days of practices. Parents were bent etc etc. This team finished the season winning the NY state A championship. One season, One Coach. How many on this board can say they hold a state champion patch? Anyone? This concept that you mock gave 17 young players who never dreamed of having one, something that can be cherish forever.
so these kids were like... what 6 when they converted over?
OBVIOUSLY ITS EASIER to change a kid whos just learning shooting and what not, its next to impossible if youve played hockey more than just a couple years.
state championship= canada provincail <--ive won many so i can say ive won something like that.
except for the fact that it happend when i was so young to be honest i dont overly care.

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote