View Single Post
Old
05-04-2004, 02:22 PM
charliemurphy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I'm not exactly sure about that. And it might not even be Slats' call. What free agents do you really see coming here? Whatever CBA agreement there might be simply might not allow Slats to spend what it would take to get those guys here.
Agreed.
However, even if there is a salary cap I don't think it's going to prevent Dolan letting Sather get the players he wants to land.
A good example are the occupants at the Garden. The Knicks. That team is well beyond the cap and will be for years. Atleast until Houston is done and/or traded. I still can't believe Allan Houston makes just about as much as Tim Duncan.
Anyway, I can see the following FA's being signed:
Lindros-I think Lindros will be signed if he takes on a cheaper contract, which he should consider. The Rangers have treated him like a king.
Rucinsky-I think he'll come back if Lundmark is somehow dealt. If Lundmark isn't dealt I would like to see him move to LW on a line with Holik and Balej. He needs to get his scoring and game up. Just a little.
Barnaby-Because he's Barnaby. I'm a big fan of him. Adds juice, pumps up the team, backs up his players, etc.

Lundmark*/Rucinsky-Holik-Balej
Jagr-Lindros-Prucha
Murray-Betts-Barnaby
Wiseman-Moore-Ortmeyer

Kasparaitis-Rachunek
Kondratiev-Tyutin
Pock-Poti*/Lampman

Dunham*/Mclennan*/Lundqvuist/Valiquette
*-If not somehow traded