View Single Post
Old
05-04-2004, 03:01 PM
Duster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
As for the 50 contracts, we should have plenty room

Theodore, Garon, Danis, Rivet, Markov, Brisebois, Bouillon, Komisarek, Archer, Shasby, Dykhuis, Koivu, Bulis, Ward, Higgins, Perezhogin, Plekanec, Ferland, Milroy, Larrivee are all under contract for next year. That's 20 right there.

Souray, Zednik, Ryder, Ribeiro, Kovalev, Dowd, Landgon, Begin, Hainsey, Hossa, Sundstrom, Thinel, Marois, Damphousse, Dags, Michaud, Gratton all could be signed if so that's 37 right there. Leaving 13 contracts.

Kastsitsyn, Lambert, Deveaux, Cote, Locke, Urquhart, Flood, Glenn, Korneev ??, Robinson ?? could all be signed and that would still leave 3 contracts, plus we coud buyout Dykhuis, leaving 4 contracts. Marois, Dags, Sundstrom and Thinel may not even be back which would be 7 or 8 contracts, as I expect we would pick up a FA or overager for Hamilton possibly. There's room although not a lot, Gainey will figure it out.
Thanks for the info Dan. In regards to Korpikari and Linhart. One of the reasons I'd like to see both here next Fall is so they can be taught the North American game properly under Jarvis. I liked what I saw of Korpikari, even if it was one game. Linhart, in particular, has been bounced all over the place. He's raw but has potential IMO. It's got to be a tough situation for him not being tutored in a consistent manner.

Wasn't sure about the 50. In fact, I thought it was less than that

I do anticipate that Gauthier and Savard will look for some additional depth players from other teams' rosters. They got Dagenais this year. A defenseman would be nice...