View Single Post
Old
03-25-2008, 10:32 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Just go to a proshop, there are more lefthanded sticks. Kids who begin playing organized hockey at a young age will tend to play lefty because they are told so when they start.

However, kids/parents who don't know any better and never really played organized hockey will have their kid start out righthanded which is why you see many more mens league players playing righthanded. I shoot righthanded because my father brought me home a righthanded stick when I was a kid. I never played organized either, just pond & roller hockey. It wasn't until a couple of years ago that I started playing organized hockey, so I was always used to playing righty and no one ever told me it was wrong since I was never coached.

I personally think people put way too much stock into the whole right/left handed thing. It may make a bit of a difference, but I think that if you're good, you're good. Playing one way or another isn't going to make that big of a difference. Players like Shanahan, Lemieux, and Iginla prove that point.

Last edited by WhipNash27: 03-25-2008 at 10:45 PM.
WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote