View Single Post
Old
05-04-2004, 04:26 PM
not quite yoda

vCash: 500
I have confidence in Garon. He has had success everywhere he has gone. Some say he doesn't have the experience, yet he is only 1 year younger than Theodore. Theodore won the Hart Memorial when he was one year younger than Garon is now. I would be happy to see wether Garon can be more consistent than Theo through a long season, but we will never find out unless one of the two is traded.

Having faith in Garon, I would be willing to look into trading Theodore. However, I would by no means give him away. Theodore is our franchise player right, he has won a Hart and Vezina, so if you want him you better offer something good. Or it's no deal. How many goalies out there have a Hart? One -Hasek- and he is close to retirement. Theodore is a bonafide no1 keeper and (given that there is ateam looking for one) can garner a nice reward. Garon (although ready to be a no1) has little trade value. He is less prooven than Chechmanek who was traded for a 2nd rounder last year.

Teams like Ottawa and Los Angeles may be looking for a real no1. They can get Theodore if they want him, but will have to pay a mighty price to land him.