View Single Post
Old
03-25-2008, 10:41 PM
Trepanated

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headcoach View Post
If I am not mistaken, I think I said: "If you make the change, your shot will only improve!"

I don't recall saying that it was 100% a guarantee that it will work.
Ehhh, no need to get into a big semantic thing here, but when someone says to me "your shot *WILL* improve" (emphasis added) I take them to mean it's a 100% chance. Otherwise, they would have said "your shot will probably improve" or "your shot is very likely to improve". But if you are claiming that you didn't intend it to mean that, no biggie. I'm certainly not going to make a huge thing out of it just because I think your choice of wording could have been better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCoach
And please don't mistake this for weakness thinking that I am recanting. This is not the case. However, from my past experience, I have come to recognize how players shoot, stance, leverage...etc, that they have been shown the improper way of shooting and generally it comes from poor coaching.
I don't doubt that. Of course, for people who don't start until they are adults, the problem usually isn't poor coaching, it's no coaching.

Quote:
Generally this poor coaching starts in the pro-shop. Just because this guy (whomever) works in a pro-shop, doesn't mean that he / she knows what he / she is talking about. Mainly they are there to sell equipment, not teach you the fundemental and mechanics of shooting.
Pro shop employees are so hit-or-miss it's incredible. And it can be very difficult for parents, or novice adult players, to know who is trustworthy.

Quote:
This is generally where you see most of the problems. Yes, it doesn't pertain to this posting. I think he was trying to make a point that if this type of correction needs to be made, it should be at the youth level, where you see this problem all the time.
Well, if folks want to expand the original topic to discuss handedness in general and the problems of youth hockey instruction, I don't really have a problem with that. But let's be clear that we are no longer talking about the OP's question and have moved on to an entirely different topic.

Trepanated is online now   Reply With Quote