View Single Post
Old
05-04-2004, 04:47 PM
Beukeboom Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by borro
Olie played on a time with little defense and did a decent job. The Flyers blew smoke about Cechmanek a couple of years ago-where is he now? This year the Sens blew smoke about Lalime? Bad idea not to get Kolzig. They saved a few dollars. Kolzig would have saved them that series. Ottawa's chance is now. Colorado's too. At least Toronto took a chance with Nolan. They overpaid but you have to respect the attitude. The Sens need someone who can come in and play at a high level. Olie is a warrior and a great guy in the room.
I love how if you listen to certain posters, the reason that every team lost in the play-off's was they didn't have Kolzig.

I actually like Kolzig, and think he's a decent goalie. However, he's been out of the first round in the play-off's once, and that was 6+ years ago. Since then, he's been bounced in the first round 3 times, includeing twice by a lower seeded team. Having sucess once in the play-off's does not make a guy a money player IMO.

Kolzig has 2 years & around $13M coming to him. That diminishes his value substantially. I don't see any team ponying up an elite level d-man or d-man prospect for Kolzig at this point.