View Single Post
Old
05-04-2004, 06:03 PM
Catala

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Catala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka
Ok, so since I read the same argument twice, I would like to know WHY Theodore started game no.4 (after ending game no.3) VS New Jersey Devils in round one (96-97) after we lost (and were dominated like against TB but not Boston) the three first games?!?!?!? Thibault had been playing all season long and suddenly our third goalie was starting the game... (don't know why Jablonsky wasn't there).
Because it is the coach decision, and he knows who can make him win a game like he knows who can't.

Thibault, as good as he was, can't be compared to Theo, whom like it or not, is in the top 5 of the league and can win a game by himself. (at times ).

You stick your number one goaly, especially when he proved himself allready. Back then, Thibault wasn't dominating the game and only did after he left Montreal.

My philosophy on this: win or lose with your best team, keep the "experiences" for the regular season. Even if Garon could have get the job done, the business of the playoffs is too important to gamble with that.