View Single Post
Old
03-26-2008, 07:08 PM
PensFan68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyisles View Post
Dunno about the place in the hotel, but for my money, the best place near the Coliseum is Vincent's. It's just a couple exits north of the Coliseum on the Meadowbrook, across the street from Roosevelt Field - see this map.
Just got back from my trip and had a great time. Unfortunetly we didn't leave Jersey till later than I wanted, so we didn't have time to stop at Vincents. I really wanted to try it. We left so late we got stuck in the rush hour traffic from Jersey City to the Coliseum. Took about 1.5 hours to make the 20+ mile trip. Although, it wasn't all that bad, just more annoying than anything.

The coliseum itself was ok(as well as the game, the Pens lost). I wasn't expecting much, but I was still disappointed. We got stuck in the last row of seats that look like they were just thrown in there. I'm a tall guy and luckily there wasn't many people around so we could stretch out. If it would've been full, I would've had to stand the whole time. The outside of it is plain, but I sorta liked that. Brings back that old time feel.

You guys have such a great history and you have that arena. Is there any talk of a new one? You definately deserve it.

PensFan68 is offline   Reply With Quote