View Single Post
Old
05-04-2004, 10:02 PM
charliemurphy

vCash: 500
jay n' skeeta

I am high on Lundqvuist and have been for a quite a while now. He's playing very well against NHLers. He will need to develop with the change of the rink size but IMO... I think the NHL will also impose new rules on goalies. Puck handling, play outside the crease, etc. so he'll need to adjust to that as well. And every NHL player for that matter. But I can defintely see him playing for the Rangers a lot sooner than Blackburn.
I like Valiquette as well. He's 6'6". You have to like that in a goalie. He can be a great backup and I'm sure will have some starts and perform well.
I just don't see Dunham being moved. Don't get me wrong. I would love to see Dunham moved but his contract is going to be too tough for teams to take on. Unless he is dealt in a package which is another story in it'self.
We have to wait and see what the new CBA brings. Granted we shedded some salary, but look how much is being spent on players like Jagr, Holik, Kasparaitis, Dunham, Poti, oh and I forgot about Pavel Bure. I'm sure he's enjoying a nice tan somewhere on Miami Beach.
Bure? Has anyone heard if he plans on retiring?
I agree that I don't think Sather will spend $30m but I'm certain he will sign some FA's. There is no way that Sather lets a team filled with rookies/prospects take the ice.
Peace.