View Single Post
Old
03-27-2008, 11:49 AM
braindead

vCash: 500
Maybe this is better in the media thread but comments from our buddy Kevin Allen in a recent article. Part of me is pissed to read it, but he probably is right. I'd be happy if the Wings follow the advice and "rest up" against the Preds Sunday- pride went out the window when I rooted for the Avs and Flames this week.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../80327006/1053

Excerpt:

Are the Nashville Predators the easiest first-round draw?

ďOh, absolutely, with their goalkeeping the way itís been. When youíre down to the stretch run and your coach is demanding they call up a minor-league goalie because he wants another option in goal, I donít think thatís something that builds confidence in your team. (David) Legwand, who is a very important player, is banged up and he could be out into the first round. I donít think Nashville has played particularly well and even if they limp in, itís who you would want to play against without a doubt.Ē

On the Wings playing their stars against Nashville on Sunday:

ďThatís something weíll all be talking about. What Iíve always said about that is look, I think you have to try to be practical in this. I think if they really dressed an all-Grand Rapids lineup, I think that would be inappropriate. But if they rested four or five guys, why risk that game that means nothing to you? So I think thatís acceptable, but using the entire Grand Rapids team would not.Ē

Last edited by braindead: 03-27-2008 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Shaking the bush boss, I'm shaking the bush
braindead is offline   Reply With Quote