View Single Post
Old
05-04-2004, 10:42 PM
Coffey77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
What kinds of moves do you think Ottawa is going to make in the wake of their disappoint off season?

I personally think that Ottawa is still one of the best teams in the league and still expect a cup from them in the next year or so (of course, Ottawa has been my pick to take the cup every year for the last three years).

IMO, Ottawa should make a move to get an elite guy in net, and maybe move Bonk. I think adding a few gritty vet types would really help as well. But, I think it would be a big mistake for management to mess with the core of this team.

Thoughts?
As for goalies I think Belfour's contract is up. Cujo could be probably be had from Detroit. Cujo actually played fairly well this post-season. Or Hasek if the Sens are desparate for a "proven winner".

Other than that, the goalies available wouldn't have a playoff resume as good as Lalime's. i guess you could try for a young goalie and hope it turns into someone like Kiprusoff.

Shanahan would be a great fit for Ottawa IMO. Shanny will become a UFA since the Wings aren't going to use their option on him. Gary Roberts contract is up too, although I'm guessing he will remain a Leaf.