Thread: Playoff time.
View Single Post
Old
03-27-2008, 09:01 PM
Canadian Chris

vCash: 500
we lost 7-6 in OT last night in our first game. It was a definite heart breaker considering we controlled the play most of the game. Had a 3-0 lead after the first, 3-3 headed to the 3rd(ran into penalty trouble in the 2nd) and then we were down 5-4 with 10mins to go. We got a PP and capitalized on a nice cross crease pass. With like 5mins to go, I got a pass which gave us a 2 on 1...as soon as I got the pass I was looking to dish it to the other winger who had a bit more speed than I did...dman played it nearly perfectly and stayed with the winger driving the net, I snapped a good hard snap shot that beat the goalie right under the cross bar...I was pumped...team was pumped...things were looking up.

Then w/2mins to go, one of our dmen got caught pinching a bit (god I hate it when they do that and don't have to...lol) which gave the other team a 2 on 1....a quick pass and our dman that was back was turning and skating to catch the guy with the puck who was cutting to the net hard...our dman gave him a little tap on the side of the pants. And in this case, it was legitimately a little tap lol....anyways, he got called for the slash - their guy got an extremely quality scoring chance only to get robbed.

So we're killing the penalty, and doing a great job of it...until there was like 3.2 seconds left...puck popped back to the high slot...player shoots it, hits like 3 sets of skates heading towards the net, bounces around and literally hopped over our goalies pad, who had no idea where it was thanks to all the traffic.

Their GWG in OT was similar in the sense that it was 4 on 4 hockey, everyone collapsed to the front of the net and the puck popped back to the high guy who was relatively open...he took one of the worst shots I've ever seen. Yet somehow it eluded all sticks, gloves, shins...and beat our tender...

But...thankfully, if we can beat the #2 and #1 seeds in our next 2 games we'll should have a shot of playing in the semi-finals...with a little luck....

Canadian Chris is offline   Reply With Quote