View Single Post
Old
05-05-2004, 08:01 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

vCash: 500
Zubrus and Kvasha would probably be quite close in terms of trade value -- once/if Zubrus does break out. Kvasha is coming off his breakthrough season (51 pts) and his value is commensurately high. By way of contrast, Zubrus is coming off three seasons of 43, 35 and 27 points, and has played 63 and 54 games the last two seasons. Granted, Zubrus does a lot of good things that do not appear on the stats sheet, but I am not sure I'd say their value is close right now... perhaps similar latent value?

I don't want Zubrus traded, not right now, chiefly because I consider his trade value to be rather low. If one entertains the thought of trading him, which might not be a bad idea in time considering he is approaching ten years of NHL service, at least wait until/if he has a big offensive year.

I'm assuming that he will, given time, and am just hoping it is before his UFA status kicks in. It's going to be close, unfortunately for the Capitals. I see Zubrus having a big year or two and then either leaving as a UFA, or having the newfound leverage to hold the Caps over a barrel in negotiations given his status. His late development is not so great for the team.