View Single Post
Old
05-05-2004, 12:28 PM
capn89*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
When will Leclair stop doing that one handed drag in the offensive zone?
The fact that he refused to defer money from his contract when asked just goes to show what type of guy he is. I lost respect for him after that, as probably some of his teammates did as well. He needs to do at leats guve us a couple of goals in this next series, he's our most expensive player and is playing like a guy who shouldn't be getting more than 1,000,000$/year right now. Hopefully we won't see much of him in the future.
In my opinion, John LeClair is the ONLY guy on the Flyers who has yet to step up to the plate this post-season. Primes has lead the way, as THE best captain the Flyers have had in a LONG time. JR stepped up, Zeus is turning it on, Zhamnov has been very consistant... even Gagne is playing great, which is marvelous to see. Amonte has been there. I don't know where some people are saying LeClair is doing the small things, because I don't notice it... Half the time it's JJ calling it, "LeClair carries the puck into the zone, off his stick and the (insert team)s go the other way." He's a big guy and he's got to start getting down low and winning battles with his size, cycle the puck, and park his bigg ass in front of the net.

The only other beef I have with the Flyers, next to LeClair, is Pitkanen, simply because he had seemed really hesitant and afraid to take hits in the early stages of the Leafs series, but in games 5 and 6 he seems to be taking steps in the right direction... oh, and he should rip it more too.