Old
05-05-2004, 01:32 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
He was listed as a healthy scratch, that is why people are, rightfully and understandibly, considering him a healthy scratch. Quinn could be telling the truth, or he could be making an excuse to dodge a bullett. Only he and Francis know, for now all we have to go on is him being listed as a healthy scratch, and then later being told he was hurt (although this is the first I've heard of it).

http://www.cbc.ca/cgi-bin/templates/...-toronto040504

Quote:
Quinn once again shuffled the Leafs' lineup as forwards Ron Francis and Clarke Wilm were scratched in favour of Tom Fitzgerald and Robert Reichel.

Toronto was also without forward Owen Nolan and defenceman Ken Klee, both sidelined with knee injuries.
I agree though, Francis should get his proper send off. A player who has over 1700 points shouldn't be a healthy scratch in his last game. Although I think he will retire. I don't think it will be worth it for him to go through the rigours regiment and agenda when he's already in his 40's unless he thinks he still has gas, or can contribute, or thinks he owes the fans anything.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)