View Single Post
Old
03-29-2008, 09:21 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrral View Post
What is lost in the equation through all of the "Hitch" evaluation (yes his performance should be evaluated) is that the coaches he is being compared to in this thread (Trotz, Gretzky and MacTavish) all have more talented players than Hitch has at his disposal.

Seriously? You think the Coyotes have more talent than the Jackets?
That's highly debatable. What they have is a HOF Coach who has GOTTEN RID OF players who didn't match his intensity and demanding style.

I appreciate everyone's comments, and if you read my posts, you'll see I'm not laying the entire blame at Hitch's feet --just ending the honeymoon.

What I would like to hear out of our coach at some point is HIM shouldering SOME of the blame -because it's obvious he needs to make some changes, and should have some time ago.

Suggestions:
"This off-season I'm going to be re-evaluating our scheme to see where I can change to help this team."
"This off-season I'm going to work more closely with Scott to express our needs."

Which leads me to my next question.... do we have the right COACHING STAFF in place? Malarchuk's Luongo/Leclaire credentials are gold. But Ags and Noel in my opinion, should be replaced. They are the equivalent of third liners - role players when we need allstars. In particular, I'd like to see some coaches with Energy and Fire. I've watched Ags and Claude at practices. They're laid back.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote