View Single Post
Old
03-29-2008, 09:50 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Gallant's second season as coach (first full season) he had 35 wins. Hitch is sitting at 34 presently. This shocked even me.

Its not all Hitch's fault, but the "In Hitch We Trust" mantra is spent. Its time for Hitch, Howson and Mr. Mac to get this team the talent it needs instead of making excuses that the effort isn't there. Everytime Hitch cries about this in press conferences it begs the question--why can't you get them to buy into your system?

.500 is not acceptable. And the buck doesn't stop with the players. It goes all the way up the organization to Hitch, Howson, Priest and Mr. Mac. They really should give the season ticket holders to July 30th to renew to show they will do what it takes to win.
Bang on.

And kudos to whoever said OT losses don't count - the Jackets are well under .500.

Good thread, JFan. And good point about the coaching staff - Ags and Noel gotta go, although it's hard for us to tell whether Hitch is getting what he wants from Claude. I've been saying for years Murph's gotta go too, but he deserves some credit for the improved play on D. I think Cap'ns right about those guys - style isn't the issue, competence is. I think HItch is teaching them at the same time he's teaching players. It might be too much to ask.