View Single Post
Old
05-05-2004, 09:48 PM
Kubera55

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd
Really? Don't you think Lundqvist's upside is greater? Lundqvist could be a top 5 goalie in the league. I'm not saying that's what he will be but that is his "upside". Jessiman's upside is that of a very good power forward. If he ever developes the physicall side to his game he could be one of the most feared power forwards. But in my opinion a great goalie is the most important thing. Factor in that Lundqvist probably has a much better chance of making it in the NHL at all and he is most likely the top prospect we have right now. Although his stock is going through the roof right now because of the World's. Honestly, I'd be ecstatic if at least one of them reached full potential.
Jessiman is a physical anomoly. There just aren't that many people his size with the athleticism and desire to play professional hockey; and he's got all of it coming out his ears (desire and athleticism).

As for Lundqvist, I'm intrigued for sure. But at the moment I've heard nothing that puts him into the 'super elite' prospect category. By his own admission, he doesn't handle the puck well. He isn't particularly big. He's quick and positionally sound, but he's never faced NHL shooters (or NHL traffic in his crease). Can he handle it? Maybe. But nothing in his physical make-up sets him apart like Jessiman's size, hands, and skating do. There are lots of guys around the world who stack up with similar credentials and physical tools as Lundqvist . . . not necesarily as good, but at least in his neighborhood. Jessiman is simple rarer.