View Single Post
Old
03-31-2008, 12:27 AM
Lucius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles Tremblay View Post
Would you be happy if the Habs faced a Bantam B team in the first round of the playoffs? Don't you want them to beat a good team? Hell, I wouldn't mind if they lost to a good team if it was a good intense dramatic play-off. À vaincre sans péril... and I've had enough of the Bruins for this year, thank you very much.

Washington would be a fantastic first round! The return of Huet at the Bell Center, the Ovechkin show... and I do believe the Habs would have a great chance to prevail against them.

Bring on anybody and let's have some play-offs already.
Well, obviously, Montreal needs to win their series for people to be happy. I am not scared of the playoffs.

I am scared of the fallout and potential firing of Bob Gainey if Huet throws some playoff magic and kills a 1st/2nd place Montreal team.

Losing to Boston would suck, but it would be a hiccup for a young team.

Losing to a team you essentially helped get into the playoffs, on the strength of a goalie you gave away for nothing you really needed (in-conference!) would be a form of career suicide Gainey could only match by banning French from the Bell Centre. I honestly am not sure he'd be able to keep the job, which is a shame, but seriously.

This is a potential landmine for the organization that no other opponent poses.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote