View Single Post
Old
03-31-2008, 12:40 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Ovechkin is the most elite player in the NHL.. and when you focus so much on watching one player, it lets Washington's other lines go to work.

With a legit #1 goalie.. Washington, IMO, has become a Top-10 NHL team. And with so little between the top teams to the mediocre teams these days.. almost anyone could "upset" anyone.

To think that Ovechkin and the Caps can't beat us would be crazy. To think that Ovechkin and the Caps can't get to the Stanley Cup Finals would be crazy as well.

Ovechkin has scored over 26% of the Captials goals.
Ovheckin has picked up a point on 47% of the Capitals goals.

And it's not like the Caps don't score goals.. they are a Top-10 scoring team in the NHL.

Ovechkin can win games by himself. With the help he is getting this year, it's a bit easier. By adding a #1 goalie at the deadline.. the Capitals are a deadly, deadly team.

Aside from the San Jose Sharks (what the hell!?!).. the Capitals have been the best team in the league over the past 10-15 games.

Since gaining Huet, Ovechkin has posted 27 points over 15 games.
LOL ok.

Please tell me who on the Caps can shutdown the Kovalev line. Brooks Laich? Shaone Morrisonn? You do realize the Habs have a good team, right? There's a reason why the Caps are fighting to get 8th place in the weakest division in the league while the Habs are fighting for 1st playing a pretty decent division.

Let's look at their top players compared to ours. Sure Ovechkin is better than Kovalev, but Kovy has won a Stanley Cup and as we have witnessed he is a monster in the playoffs. Ovechkin has no experience.

Plekanec is better than Backstrom, A. Kost is better than Semin, Koivu is better than Kozlov, Higgins is better than Laich.

So now that the Habs forwards are better than the Caps forwards, let's look at defence.

Markov, Komisarek, Hamrlik

or

Green, Poti, Pothier

That is not even comparable.

So now defence is out of the way. To me the forwards and defence are very one-sided in favour of the Habs.

Now goalies. Huet has not proven anything and neither has Price. Price has proved to get the best of any challenge thrown to him in his career, I have never seen that from Huet. So really it could go either way, but I know how Huet loves to crack under pressure, I'd rather have Price.

So really Montreal is better at every aspect of the game except for top player. There really isn't any question about it.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote