View Single Post
Old
03-31-2008, 07:27 AM
Kachino

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Well, obviously, Montreal needs to win their series for people to be happy. I am not scared of the playoffs.

I am scared of the fallout and potential firing of Bob Gainey if Huet throws some playoff magic and kills a 1st/2nd place Montreal team.

Losing to Boston would suck, but it would be a hiccup for a young team.

Losing to a team you essentially helped get into the playoffs, on the strength of a goalie you gave away for nothing you really needed (in-conference!) would be a form of career suicide Gainey could only match by banning French from the Bell Centre. I honestly am not sure he'd be able to keep the job, which is a shame, but seriously.

This is a potential landmine for the organization that no other opponent poses.
I honestly think you worry way too much right now. Have you ever thought about signing-up for relaxation classes? No seriously, the media will always do their job (most of the time, talking about bad moves rather than good moves). Always trying to denigrate people rather than giving praises (i.e.: one guy makes 3 good moves and 1 bad move and media will always focus more on the bad move.) Remember last year? Every press member that followed the team wanted Gainey or Carbonneau out. Same thing with Bégin when he took his double minor for high sticking during last season's final game. What are they saying now?

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote