View Single Post
Old
05-06-2004, 04:00 PM
RGF

vCash: 500
i always wonder how organizations make their prospects better.

when i played in highschool, and growing up, i had practice, and powerskating lessons. being 5'10'' and a 165 ilbs in hs, i had an obvious size disadvantage but i felt my skating to be superior to bigger players. our coaching staff used to kill kids who couldnt skate by running extra practices for them, or after practices making them push goals until they passed out. frankly, telling this story makes me miss boarding school haha.

it just seems that i had every oppurtunity to become a better player. i play golf in college, but i felt if i was 6'0'' i would have played hockey, i had tried to get recruited as a two sport athlete to the ivy leagues, but theyre hockey programs said that although my skills were good enough i wasnt big enough. it makes me wonder, if guys like stals who have the bodies, went through huge summer workouts to max their skating and turn up better at camp. all you need is a great coach. the one we had at boarding school was a silver medalist speed skater for canada( he was an a prof as well).

just curious its disappointing, bc messier and co had talked stals up through preseason, and i think he has potential to be a good 3rd liner if he figures stuff out