View Single Post
Old
04-02-2008, 09:35 AM
1UP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
28 games? Can we take it series by series? Don't get ahead of yourself.

And how does that open Kovy and Plex up? When I say he will get tightly checked, I meant that whole line will.

I agree he played well tonight, but he was piss poor against Toronto (same with the rest of the team mind you). He's young and inexperienced and inconsistency comes with that. I hope he plays well, but I think he's either going to not want the puck and let Kovy do it all or he's going to want to do too much with it and make mistakes. He's going to be nervous, there's no question about it. I just hope he can settle down after a game or two.
28 games, yes. Let's have some optimism, here!

Second, the way that line is playing, it seems like the other team would need 2 guys on each. So, there is the deal.

Either they overcommit to Kovy or Plek and Kostitsyn has the chance to deliver that kind of shot like he did on gerber against Ottawa yesterday, or the opposing team puts all their best defensive players against the Plek line and Koivu steals the show.

Our balanced offensive isn't something we see in teams that are 7-8 position, like the Bruins, Washington or Philadelphia.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote